Projects on the go

I just got home from my long weekend. This weekend, like many others, my son was playing baseball in the state tournament. To keep myself entertained during the down times, I always have to make sure I have an easy and some what small project that I can take with me.

Choosing a crochet project that is portable can be challenging sometimes. Most of the time I end up making a baby blanket or small throw but sometimes a baby blanket is just not what you are in the mood to do. This begs the question, what project should I take? It needs to be something that isn't too difficult to do while watching a ball game and doesn't require a lot of counting as there will be others around to distract me. 

My project of choice this weekend was a small purse. I just made this one the go and haven't written the pattern down just yet but I will. I was quite pleased with myself and feel that it turned out quite nicely. I carried this purse around all weekend so that I didn't have to constantly take something larger with me every where we went. It was perfect for holding my cell phone, my important cards and a few other accessories. I even had some requests from friends that saw it for one just like it! It's always nice when your work is appreciated to the point that someone else wants to carry something around with them that you have made with them.
www.lovelycrochetdreamz.com
Cross-Body Purse by Lovely Crochet Dreamz

What type of projects do you like to take with you on the go? I'm always looking for new ideas and suggestions myself and would love to hear what others are doing!


Comments

Popular Posts