Why Crochet?

When I was just about 6 years old my grandmother taught me how to crochet a single chain but I never learned anymore than that at the time. It wasn't until years later that I decided I wanted to pick up the hobby and try again. This time I had to teach myself the rest of it. With the basics already down it wasn't too difficult.

I remember the first hat that I made! It was a crooked mess but I was proud of it! After that I learned to keep my stitches straight and not add or take away from them at the end of the row. I've been "hooked" ever since! No matter where I am I always have some sort of project with me. Crochet helps me to relax and gives me something that I can keep my hands busy with. I have a difficult time just sitting still so crochet keeps me busy and my mind working. At the same time crocheting is very relaxing for me. It helps me to calm down after a long day at work.

My current projects tend to lean towards baby blankets and hats. They are more portable because of their size so I can take them with me on the trips to my son's baseball games or my daughter's track meets. Larger projects tend to me a bit more difficult to carry around. I'm always looking for a new project idea that I can do while I'm out watching my kids at some event or another. This gives way to lots of finished projects and no one to give them to though so that is the reason for my blog and my new Etsy account.



What do you do to pass the time or keep yourself busy? Do you have a particular hobby that helps relax you? Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts or ideas on what works for you.


Comments

Popular Posts